Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Blackberry Curve and some apps

Went from a clunker Treo 650 > BB 8703e > Curve. Verizon gave me a great deal on this with a 4gb Micro SD card and Seido holster. HUGE improvement from the 8703e. I've had clients picking on me for the fact I had an old phone that looked like it was 10 years old and large enough to be considered a weapon.

It was this or a 3G iPhone...lack of copy/paste on the iPhone sealed the deal. I'm not exactly sold on the lack of a keyboard, either. Even some dyed-in-the-wool Apple fans like Leo LaPorte went back to the Blackberry.

The other thing I'm enjoying is eTrade's Blackberry only application called eTrade Mobile. You may have seen the humorous commercials about this service. Ran pretty well on my old 8703 and seems just as stable on the Curve. Streams quotes and allows trades. Like the baby said. :)



I will agree the Blackberry platform does need a real browser like the iPhone. The Internet is where the iPhone shines.

No comments: