Saturday, December 19, 2009

So Long, 2009.

What a year you were.

Business was very much like a roller coaster this past year, with most my deals occurring during the summer and within the past two months (Nov-Dec). Overall I would rate 2009 as not too bad. 95% of my sales came from leasing. Nearly 100% of my leasing deals were taking people out of high rent situations and repositioning them into lower rent opportunities.

I have more bank-owned inventory than I did last year and I am only expecting that to increase. I am also expecting those waiting in the wings for distressed assets to finally start showing up, probably in the mid to latter part of 2010.

Where's the bottom? Who knows. And no one is likely to know until things start turning around. I believe (and have always believed) Florida's geography will help it emerge a little sooner than other distressed areas. If you're looking for a sign, keep an eye on GDP and employment figures.

So here's a toast to the year that was: 2009. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

No comments: